I hope everyone had a great holiday and found at least a few minutes to relax a bit! I spent most of the holiday sick with a nasty cold, so I didn’t get caught up with reading all of your blog posts. Working on it.
Next week is a new ‘thing’. This topic is all about Digital Storytelling. Did anyone take photos over the holidays? You could use them for this thing.
In the meantime, here a few odds and ends of tools that don’t really fit in any of our topic categories. Some of these were mentioned in the TLChat Open Mic Night – Tech Smackdown in early December. I watched the recording tonight and was bookmarking things as fast as I could! All of the slides from the session are available as a google doc.
- 50 Top Sources Of Free eLearning Courses – tons of courses that students could use to explore topics of interest and supplement their coursework.
- Code Cards – Even though the holidays are over, what a fun project this is! Create your own holiday cards and learn some coding at the same time.
- Five Tech Trends for 2013 that Every School/YA Librarian Should Know About
- Class Badges – Interested in the whole badges trend? You can award your own to your students.
- Digital Passport from Common Sense Media – Web-based games and videos to help 3rd – 5th graders learn critical skills related to digital safety, respect, and community
Gooru – educational search engine and web portal that allows teachers and students to locate rich collections of multimedia resources, digital textbooks, videos, games and quizzes curated and created by educators in the Gooru community. Gooru is targeted to grades 5- 12.